Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Delicious Chocolate Mint Cupcakes


Every girl LOVES chocolate and I must say, I did real good tonight. 
I was asked to provide a low calorie birthday cupcake for an office birthday party.
So I was DEFINATELY up to the challenge!! Here you go.. 

Ingredients for this Low Calorie Version include:

1 1/2 boxes of Betty Crocker Super Moist Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix (15.25 oz)
(using 1 1/2 boxes yielded exactly 24 loaded cupcakes)
1 bottle of Diet Coke (20oz)
1 small box of Sugar Free/Fat Free Chocolate Pudding Mix
1 box of Mint Oreos  (6 set aside for crushed topping)
Icing from Betty Crocker Hersheys Milk Chocolate Icing

Blend cake mix, pudding mix and Diet Coke (Yes, Diet Coke) well until no lumps.
Carefully spoon each cupcake liner partially with a quarter of chocolate fudge cake batter,
add one Mint Oreo to each cup. (See below)


Next you will top off each cupcake with remaining batter, I love my cupcakes extra fluffy. Bake for the usual amount of time ( I personally left them in for 18-20minutes or until toothpick comes out clean)


Allow to cool then Ice cupcake as normal. I used a processor to crumble my remaining 6 Oreos to a fine dust and sprinkled over the iced cupcakes and TAADAAA! Done. 

This recipe came to 320 calories per cupcake ( I know its still alittle high, but only because I didnt substitute the icing for a lower calorie recipe one) But this SAME recipe mixed with itemized ingredients as per box directions with Oreo and Icing came to an alarming 485 calories per cupcake. WOW!! 
I sure hope you enjoy!! I know we did, YUMMMM! 


No comments:

Post a Comment